Terminology is used in very different places in companies: in administration, sales, technical documentation, development, etc. What is defined terminologically in one area has an impact on the whole company. The name that the developer or designer defines for a new component influences the language used by sales or technical support. If the sales and customer service departments use different terms, this will confuse your customers and lead to misunderstandings and extra work.
Centralized terminology management
To bridge these stand-alone terminology solutions, D.O.G. offers you centralized terminology management. Our web-based terminology management system LookUp allows you to set up terminology processes and make your defined company terminology available to all employees in your company. With LookUp, you can define different user groups and rights, so that everyone can use or contribute to the terminology according to their tasks.
Terminology management with support from D.O.G.
We have more than 20 years of experience with terminology projects and can help you introduce centralized terminology management in your company. We suggest a procedure in 6 steps:
1. Stocktaking and determination of the goals of individual groups (workshops)
2. Specifying a pilot project and establishing a steering committee (e.g. terminology group)
3. Building a data structure in LookUp
4. Extracting basic terminology or importing and cleaning existing terminolo
5. Evaluating the pilot project and optimizing the concept
6. Extension to include further topics, departments, data
D.O.G. GmbH is certified in accordance with translation standard ISO 17100.
Certified TIM 4.0 translation service provide