Translation of catalogs and eCommerce
You want to sell your products with a catalog or via an online shop. More than 75% of your potential overseas customers only buy products from websites or catalogs written in their own language. We are happy to help you localize your content.
The challenges: Time and money
Since catalog production or the localization of e-commerce databases requires a high investment, the content should be available to your overseas customers as quickly as possible, because the saying "time is money" applies here more than ever.
To do this, you need a reliable partner who has the resources and technical means to produce your content quickly, accurately and at competitive prices. Choosing the wrong partner here can be a very costly mistake. Nobody wants to lose time and pay additional costs for corrections or repairs afterwards.
Our solution for you
D.O.G. GmbH has developed special procedures for the translation of catalogs and e-commerce applications.
1. The right translators for your content:
Experienced technical translators for product descriptions and, if necessary, translators specialized in advertising language for advertising content.
2. The right technologies:
- Our terminology management system LookUp for developping and managing your product terminology. Identical products are translated consistently. Your overseas sales offices can access the terminology and implement any changes or translation specifications before your web content is translated. This saves costs and time.
- Our quality assurance software ErrorSpy ensures that the specified terminology is adhered to across thousands of product names. It checks translations for consistency and numbers for accuracy, which is crucial when it comes to measurements or order numbers.
- Translation memory systems significantly reduce costs by creating translations once and then reusing them. This means that you do not pay twice for the expressions “socket pin 11 mm” and “socket pin 29 mm”.
- Machine translation and post-editing: For some projects, it makes sense to use machine translation in conjunction with post-editing. We have the necessary know-how and resources for this. We are happy to advise you.
- Our order processing system and customer portal ensure that we always have an overview of the many individual work steps and that you are fully informed about the progress of your project.
3. The right services:
- Translation and localization of your contents
- Testing of online shops
- Layout of catalogs up to the print-ready template
- Terminology extraction and maintenance
- Management of translation memories and update service for shop or catalog content
- Building machine translation solutions that are tailored to your products.
The contents of catalogs and e-commerce databases must be adapted to the conditions of the target market. This initially concerns everything referred to as "locales":
- Number and date formats
- Units of measurement
Furthermore, we can check for you whether customers abroad can order your products without any problems:
- How does the order process work? Can you pay without any problems using the usual means of payment in the country?
- Can your customers abroad enter all the information requested in any forms (e.g. formats of addresses or telephone numbers)? Is any information missing?
- Do they receive correct confirmation of their purchase and
- Can they contact the support team if they have any questions?
Network of translators abroad
We have a unique network of translators in the respective target countries, who are familiar with the day-to-day aspects of handling e-commerce transactions or who can request information locally in individual cases. Which parcel services are standard in the respective country? What are the usual payment procedures? What are the expectations of the end customer regarding the processing of an e-commerce purchase, etc.? These are all questions that we can research for you on site.
What do we offer you?
We relieve you of many individual steps and offer a complete service from a single source, from planning the translations to the completion of your catalog or online shop.
- Centralized project management with a project manager as your main contact
- Translations with translation memories into all required languages + standard DTP systems
- Following consultation, supplementary or alternative use of a machine translation system together with post-editing
- All translations are checked with ErrorSpy and then revised (ISO 17100 certification)
- Communication and terminology coordination directly with your overseas subsidiaries
- Terminology building - shared use of LookUp
- Cleansing and maintenance of translation memories
- Update service: existing texts are automatically detected, new texts are translated.
D.O.G. GmbH is certified in accordance with translation standard ISO 17100.
Certified TIM 4.0 translation service provide