Data protection policy
Data protection policy
Data protection according to GDPR
This Data Protection Policy is aimed at informing the users of this website about the type, scope and purpose of collecting and using personal data by the website operator D.O.G. GmbH. You can find the definitions of the used terms (e.g. “personal data” or “processing”) in Article 4, GDPR.
Data processing managed by
D.O.G. Dokumentation ohne Grenzen GmbH
Neue Ramtelstr. 12
Data processing controller
Forwarding data to third parties
Your personal data are not forwarded to third parties for purposes other than those stated below:
Where this is necessary in accordance with Article 6(1), Sentence 1, Letter b, GDPR, to execute your contract, and you have stated your professional address to us, correspondence may be maintained with your employer.
The third party may use the forwarded data exclusively for the stated purposes.
You have the right,
- In accordance with Article 7(3), GDPR, to withdraw your consent previously granted to us at any time. This means that we will no longer continue to process data, based on such consent, for the future.
- In accordance with Article 15, GDPR, to request information about your personal data that we process. You can, in particular, request information about the processing purposes; category of the personal data; categories of recipients to whom your data have been or shall be disclosed; planned storage period; existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or the right to object; existence of a right to lodge a complaint; origin of your data, provided these have not been collected by us, and the existence of automatic decision-making, including profiling and, where applicable, significant information about individual details in that respect.
- In accordance with Section 16, GDPR, you may request rectification, without delay, of incorrect personal data or the completion of your incomplete personal data stored by us;
- In accordance with Article 17, GDPR, to request erasure of your personal data stored by us provided the processing is not required to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, honour a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- In accordance with Article 18, GDPR, to request restriction of the processing of your personal data provided you contest the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful, but you reject erasure of such data and we no longer require the data but you require such data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or in accordance with Article 21, GDPR, you have lodged an objection against the processing;
- In accordance with Article 20 GDPR, to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have made available to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or request forwarding to another controller, and
- In accordance with Article 77, GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Normally, in this respect you can contact the supervisory authority for your customary place of residence or workplace or our principal place of business.
For what period are your data stored?
We process and store your personal data as long as you are authorised to represent the respective legal person in dealings with us. If the data are no longer required to honour contractual or statutory obligations, they are normally erased unless the, limited, further-processing of such data is necessary in the following cases:
- Honouring commercial and tax law storage periods: the German Commercial Code and the German Tax Code are cited as examples. The periods specified therein for storage or documentation range between two and ten years.
- Maintaining evidence as part of the limitation period requirements. In accordance with Sections 195 et seq. of the German Civil Code (BGB), these limitation periods may run to 30 years, whereby the normal limitation period is three years.
Insofar as your wish does not conflict with a statutory obligation to store data (e.g. data retention), you shall be entitled to the erasure of your data. The data we store shall be erased if they are no longer required for the intended use, and statutory storage periods do not apply. If data cannot be erased because the data are required for permissible statutory purposes, the processing of such data shall be restricted. In such a case the data shall be blocked and not processed for other purposes.
Data recording when visiting our website
If you do not register for our website, we shall collect the following data that are forwarded by the browser to our server.
- IP address
- Date and time of the access
- Used browser
- Used operating system
The data shall not be forwarded to third parties.
Special functions of the website
Our site offers you various functions, during the use of which personal data is collected, processed and stored by us. In the following, we explain what happens with this data:
What personal data is collected and to what extent is it processed?
The data you entered into our contact forms.
Duration of retention
After processing your request, the collected data will be deleted immediately, unless there are legal retention periods.
Purpose of data processing
We will use the data recorded via our contact form or contact forms only for processing the specific contact request received through the contact form. Please note that in order to fulfill your contact request, we may also send you e-mails to the address provided. The purpose of this is so that you can receive confirmation from us that your request has been correctly forwarded to us. However, the sending of this confirmation e-mail is not obligatory for us and is only for your information.
Legal basis for the processing of personal data
Art. 6 Para. 1.a GDPR (consent through unambiguous confirming action or behavior).
Necessity of providing personal data
The use of the contact forms is on a voluntary basis and is neither contractually nor legally required. You are not obliged to contact us via the contact form, but can also use the other contact options provided on our site. If you wish to use our contact form, you must fill in the fields marked as mandatory. If you do not fill in the required information of the contact form, you will either not be able to send the request or unfortunately we will not be able to process your request.
Revocation and deletion options
The revocation and deletion options are based on the general regulations on the right of revocation and deletion under data protection law described below in this data protection declaration.
Web analysis using Matomo (formerly Piwik)
- the IP address of the user, shortened by the last two bytes (anonymized)
- the sub-page accessed and the time of access
- the page from which the user came to our website (referrer)
- which browser with which plugins, which operating system and which screen resolution is used
- the time spent on the website
- the pages that are accessed from the accessed sub-page
Purpose of data processing
Server log files
D.O.G. GmbH automatically collects and saves information in server log files that your browser automatically forwards to us. Those are: browser type and browser version, used operating system, referrer URL, host name of the accessing computer and the time of the server enquiry.
Right to object
Insofar as your personal data are processed on the basis of justified interests in accordance with Article 6(1), Sentence 1, Letter f, GDPR, you have the right, in accordance with Article 21, GDPR, to object to the processing of your personal data provided reasons apply in that respect that arise from your personal situation. If you wish to exercise your right to object, please contact us directly via the contact data in our imprint.