LookUp is a web-based terminology management system that allows you to manage your terminology in a central location. Via the Internet or intranet, authorized users can access your terminology or edit it if they have the appropriate rights.
There are different user rights that you can assign for each language individually: Read, edit, comment, export, import, manage. Notifications of any changes or new entries made are sent to the responsible users.
“Set up and administer terminology entries easily with LookUp.”
- P. Donerson - Project manager
Flexible data model
You can design your terminology entries as you wish. You can define any number of fields, such as status, definition, source, illustration or specific attributes. The terminology database is concept-oriented, which means that you can assign several terms to a single concept (e.g. "application", "program", "application", "software", etc.). This allows you to control the use of a term by adding a usage recommendation (such as "allowed", "prohibited" or "preferred").
LookUp contains a unique knowledge module that enables you to do even more with your terminology. Concepts are the building blocks of knowledge. Just like the human brain, LookUp links concepts with each other by means of freely definable relations and thus forms knowledge. Here are some possible applications:
- Bundling products and services to optimize sales
- Highlighting relationships between problems and causes to provide intelligent assistance for your technical support
- Optimizing your documentation by linking knowledge with key terms, for example, that represent standards or hazards.
Ontologies represent the knowledge about a certain area in a machine-readable form. They are needed for many projects in the context of digitalization, such as the Internet of Things (IoT). However, it takes time to build ontologies. Furthermore, ontologies have linguistic weaknesses, are often only available in one language and are not always compatible with each other, since classes or instances are named and structured differently.
With LookUp, you have a clear time advantage. LookUp data provides the material for IoT-compatible and semantically enriched ontologies. This is carried out, so to speak, as a crowdsourcing task by your own employees.
- Centralised, company-wide terminology management
- Access via the Internet or intranet
- Definition of different user rights
- Unrestricted flexibility in defining the data model
- Rapid maintenance and recording of terminology
- Logging and automatic notification of changes
- Several export and import formats (CSV, TBX, Multiterm, etc.)
- Workflow module
- Knowledge module
- Fixed price or rental solution (SaaS)
- LookUp is integrated into the quality assurance programs ErrorSpy and ErrorSpy for authors.
- Via an API you can directly access the LookUp data in other systems.
- Integration with SDL Studio is underway
Prices incl. maintenance
Montly: 30 €
Montly: 180 €
Montly: 450 €
Activating the app
Number of dictionaries
Number of custom fields
Rights (import, export, editing)
* All prices are exclusive of statutory value-added tax.
Support and help
LookUp is a very powerful program. We will not abandon you to figure out the wealth of functions for yourself. You will receive an online introduction. We will guide you through the various menus and functions and we remain available at all times afterwards to answer your questions.
D.O.G. has many years of experience in the field of terminology. We can support you in all aspects of terminology work. From synonym search and multilingual terminology extraction to a workshop to create your personal concept. We will help you define a data model and migrate your existing terminology data quickly and at manageable costs.
LookUp Mobile App
for iOS and Android
Your terminology at any place and at any time: Simply take your terminology, including the knowledge module, with you wherever you go and distribute it to selected employees and/or customers.
Usage scenarios: A technician or service engineer abroad can easily communicate with your customer using technical terms in the local language. Or you have built LookUp as a knowledge database using concepts, definitions and relations. This knowledge is then always available on your mobile phone, e.g. during work meetings.
- The dictionary data including relations are downloaded and can be accessed without an Internet connection
- With every internet connection you or another user can update the data and thus benefit from the most up-to-date entries
Direct link to our shop: LookUp
Any questions about our products or services?
Please contact us at any time:
- Tel.: +49 (0) 7152 35411-0
- E-mail: infodog-gmbhde