LookUp is a web-based terminology management system that allows you to manage your terminology in a central location. Via the Internet or intranet, authorized users can access your terminology or edit it if they have the appropriate rights.
There are different user rights that you can assign for each language individually: Read, edit, comment, export, import, manage. Notifications of any changes or new entries made are sent to the responsible users.
“Set up and administer terminology entries easily with LookUp.”
- P. Donerson - Project manager
Flexible data model
You can design your terminology entries as you wish. You can define any number of fields, such as status, definition, source, illustration or specific attributes. The terminology database is concept-oriented, which means that you can assign several terms to a single concept (e.g. "application", "program", "application", "software", etc.). This allows you to control the use of a term by adding a usage recommendation (such as "allowed", "prohibited" or "preferred").
LookUp contains a unique knowledge module that enables you to do even more with your terminology. Concepts are the building blocks of knowledge. With LookUp, termini can be connected via freely definable relations, creating knowledge.
Here are some possible applications:
- Bundling products and services to optimize sales
- Highlighting relationships between problems and causes to provide intelligent assistance for your technical support
- Optimizing your documentation by linking knowledge with key terms, for example, that represent standards or hazards.
- Centralised, company-wide terminology management
- Access via the Internet or intranet
- Definition of different user rights
- Unrestricted flexibility in defining the data model
- Rapid maintenance and recording of terminology
- Logging and automatic notification of changes
- Several export and import formats (CSV, TBX, Multiterm, etc.)
- Workflow module
- Knowledge module
- Fixed price or rental solution (SaaS)
- LookUp is integrated into the quality assurance programs ErrorSpy and ErrorSpy for authors.
- Via an API you can directly access the LookUp data in other systems.
- Integration with SDL Studio is underway
D.O.G. has many years of experience in the field of terminology. We can support you in all aspects of terminology work. From synonym search and multilingual terminology extraction to a workshop to create your personal concept. We will help you define a data model and migrate your existing terminology data quickly and at manageable costs.
Support and help
LookUp is a very powerful program. We will not abandon you to figure out the wealth of functions for yourself. You will receive an online introduction. We will guide you through the various menus and functions and we remain available at all times afterwards to answer your questions.
LookUp Mobile App
for iOS and Android
Your terminology at any place and at any time: Simply take your terminology, including the knowledge module, with you wherever you go and distribute it to selected employees and/or customers.
Usage scenarios: A technician or service engineer abroad can easily communicate with your customer using technical terms in the local language. Or you have built LookUp as a knowledge database using concepts, definitions and relations. This knowledge is then always available on your mobile phone, e.g. during work meetings.
- The dictionary data including relations are downloaded and can be accessed without an Internet connection
- With every internet connection you or another user can update the data and thus benefit from the most up-to-date entries
LookUp App (iOS): https://apple.co/3qKIPTD
LookUp App (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dog.Lookup/
Number of dictionaries
Number of custom fields
Activating the app
Incl. online introduction
*) All contracts for Basic, Professional and Premium are not automatically renewed.
All prices are exclusive of statutory value-added tax.
Direct link to our shop: LookUp
LookUp modules (descriptions)
Use the LookUp Statistics Module to draw up statistical evaluations and therefore increase the benefit of your terminology work.
- Identify the extent to which the translations are matched for each entry and language
- Determine frequently searched entries and translations
- Quickly find and add lacking entries and translations
Thanks to the Knowledge Module, LookUp can be extended to create a terminology administration system packed with knowledge. It facilitates the creation of relations between entries in the database and the graphic representation of such relations.
- Define relations
- Create translation pairs: Entries have one or several translations. You can use this module to allocate the translation of one language to the translation of an additional language.
- Establish relations with entries or translations
- Import and export relations
Use the LookUp Workflow Module to automate terminology processes.
This is achieved by allocating tasks (individually or in groups) with a scheduled completion date.
- Fill the database faster by way of co-operative terminology work (the entry updates are immediately visible for all users)
- Those with responsibility for terminology are at all times aware of the current implementation status
- Subsequent corrections can be avoided by way of faster completion
Any questions about our products or services?
Please contact us at any time:
- Tel.: +49 (0) 7152 35411-0
- E-mail: infodog-gmbhde