You have invested a lot of effort and resources in the development of your software and want to bring foreign-language versions to market as quickly as possible. Often this process simply takes too long: complicated coordination processes, unclear terminology, error corrections after the translated software is compiled, and so on.
The localization of software and apps involves teamwork and requires the know-how of many experts: Linguists, developers, terminologists. It is more than just translating. Content, linguistic and technical aspects must be considered:
- Are the locales and country-specific customs (time format, addresses, salutations, examples, currencies, etc.) taken into account?
- Do the shortcut keys work after the translation?
- Are texts in the dialog boxes too long?
- Is terminological consistency between menus, messages and online help guaranteed?
By carefully analyzing and planning your projects, we avoid errors and problems that could delay the launch of your localized product. We know what is at stake for you and will make sure that there are no unpleasant surprises afterwards.
Benefit from our experience as developers and translators
D.O.G. is not only a service provider offering translation and localization services in all business languages. We develop our own software (in C# and C++), which we also localize. We have our own software development department and therefore understand your language and needs very well. This means that we are very familiar with the software development process and the requirements of software localization. Consequently, we have developed our terminology management system LookUp not only as a web application, but also as an app for the mobile operating systems iOS and Android.
We can edit strings from different file formats such as XML, RC, .NET Assembly EXE/DLL, XAML, PO, Android XML resources, JSON, Apple iOS Storyboard XML and many more.
We use the appropriate tools such as SDL Passolo and ensure that the defined GUI terminology is adhered to throughout the process. Finally, if desired, we can test the localized software on the basis of agreed tests.
Testing the localized software
The testing of the localized software is a special quality assurance procedure. We can test its compatibility with local operating system versions. Various test procedures can be used and will be coordinated with you in each case: Installation test, language test, function test, etc. In addition to our own test scripts, we also carry out tests according to your specifications.
Translation of machine software
Translating machine software is a specialized form of software localization. Only certain texts can be translated. The coding of the translated files must be correct, and the translation must fit inside the limited display area available. We help you to standardize and unify the abbreviations for your display texts across all required languages.
The maximum text length is specified in characters or in pixels, depending on the system. D.O.G. has programmed in-house tools that check the length of the translation, so that the delivered translation is shown correctly on the display.
What can we do for you?
We provide you with a full service from a single source:
- Processing via a customer portal that provides you with project status updates at all times.
- A central dedicated contact person who advises and informs you.
- The translation and localization of your software in all required languages.
- Use of technologies (CAT tools and localization tools) with full cost transparency (taking into account the reuse of existing translations)
- The compilation of multilingual terminology, which we share with you via our terminology management system LookUp.
- Translation of the accompanying documentation: Online help, application manual and training material
- Localization of multimedia content
- Quality control and tests according to agreed specifications.
Thanks to our well-coordinated processes and technologies and our experience with software localization projects, we can shorten your time-to-market and cut your localization costs.
Request your offer free of charge and without any commitment: